Our Learn to Drive course with online theory consists of 25 hours online, and 10 hours of private in-car training. Our online course is provided through a digital platform where the course content is provided to the students to complete at their own pace. Here’s a sample of 2 modules of the online course:
1. Safe and responsible vehicle control, general
2. Safe and responsible vehicle control, adverse conditions
3. Winter driving
4. Collision avoidance and basic manoeuvres
5. Principles of skid control and slide control
6. Proactive driving
PERCEPTION AND RISK MANAGEMENT
1. Safe and proper visual skills
2. Accurate perception of personal limits, abilities and risk tolerance
3. Accurate risk perception
4. Recognition and avoidance of common collision situations
5. Potential hazards of driving and effective responses
6. Effective decision making
7. Driving actions to minimize risk
There’s a final exam has a total of 35 questions and you must obtain a 70% or higher score to pass. You have 3 attempts to pass the final exam.
Pretty sweet, don’t you agree! Here’s more info:
Students will create their own profile by which they login and complete work as they go. There is no expected amount of time a student is to spend on the course daily. There are no Zoom classes to attend.
All the course content is uploaded and is available to complete at the students’ convenience. Once the theory part of the online program is completed the student will then advance to the homelink assignments which they can complete on their own time and submit online. There is a maximum course completion deadline of ten months; students must finish the online portion as well as the driving lessons within this time frame.
Once students have completed the online portion, their work will be graded. This can take a few days. It’s important for students to ensure they have submitted everything they need to, so as to make this process faster.